Magnesium is an essential mineral for maintaining our overall health, yet many people suffer from magnesium deficiency (hypomagnesemia). There are many health benefits of magnesium supplements, from relieving muscle tension and pain to strengthening bones or helping keep your pregnancy healthy. Our Salt Lab magnesium oil spray benefits are increased thanks to our superior method of safely increasing magnesium levels directly through the skin with our readily absorbed formula. As the highest grade magnesium oil available, be your best.
Magnesium provides numerous health benefits as it:
Magnesium has muscle-relaxing qualities which can help in various health issues including:
- Magnesium can also be helpful in constipation by helping to relax the intestinal muscles and cause bowel movements to be more easily passed.
- Chronic asthma sufferers may be able to use magnesium supplements to help normalise their breathing and reduce wheezing and breathlessness. This is because magnesium supplements help relax the bronchial muscles which in turn helps regulate the person’s breathing.
- Chronic muscular cramps, including those affecting the back and legs, can be treated with magnesium supplements. By relaxing the muscles and relieving muscular tension, optimal intake of magnesium benefits athletes in particular who suffer from pain due to overworked muscles.
- Cramps and pains that are caused by premenstrual syndrome (PMS) can be soothed by the muscle relaxing qualities of magnesium, with some studies also suggesting that some women find that magnesium supplements also help relieve mood changes.
- People who suffer from muscle tension, tension headaches or migraines may find that magnesium supplements help reduce the occurrence and the severity of future migraines.
Keeps bones strong
Magnesium is essential for good bone health and is directly related to bone density due to its role in regulating calcium levels. By promoting calcium absorption, magnesium helps bones to heal faster, maintain their strength and lead to well-formed, healthy teeth. Magnesium deficiency can lead to bone strength disorders including osteoporosis.
Promotes normal blood pressure
Many people with high blood pressure (hypertension) also have a magnesium deficiency. Hypertension is one of the biggest causes of cardiovascular problems including heart attacks. Magnesium promotes normal blood pressure by helping to regulate blood sugar levels. This not only keeps the heart healthy, but also is essential for people affected by diabetes as magnesium helps regulate the reaction of insulin to blood sugar levels.
Collagen is a protein that is beneficial throughout your body – from helping to balance hormones, promoting joint and bone health, aiding digestion to keeping your hair strong and shiny and your skin young and supple. Magnesium is important for producing the proteins that are transformed into collagen.
Aids a healthy pregnancy
Magnesium is essential for a happy and healthy pregnancy, and is beneficial for increasing pain tolerance level and reducing the risk of osteoporosis. This not only optimises blood pressure levels but also assists in ensuring the delivery process runs as smoothly as possible. For expectant mothers who are affected by hypertension (high blood pressure), additional benefits of magnesium supplements (particularly magnesium sulfate) include the prevention of eclamptic seizures. Magnesium is also essential for a baby's health and growth by contributing to the baby's in-utero nutrition, tissue recovery and growth.