BOOKMARK THIS POST and whip up a batch of these decadent, fudgy & flourless brownies! We’ve made this indulgent treat better for you with some hidden veg (we promise the kids won’t taste it!) and some magnesium-rich ingredients like cacao powder and almond butter.
Serves: 6 brownies
160g pumpkin or sweet potato, boiled and pureed until completely smooth
50g chocolate pea protein powder or almond meal
50g dark or milk chocolate, melted and allowed to cool
20g almond butter, softened
50ml milk of choice
2-3 tbsp cacao powder, to taste
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. To a large bowl, add pea protein, baking soda and cacao powder. Stir to combine.
3. Pour the pumpkin puree, almond butter and almond milk into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
4. Fold through the melted chocolate and any additional inclusions.
5. Pour batter into a lined brownie pan, and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
6. Allow the brownies to cool completely before slicing into 6 pieces
7. Serve immediately or keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 7 days.